Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 8th Palate expander

My name is Andon and I got my expander june 8. I choked a little on the glue. Then I went home with a shirt and teeth supplies. I have 25 saliva spits. The secret is the tuffist part is getting use to it. have a great summer.  lol ha ha ha ha.  Andon


Aww.... Andon's first post EVER!!  He is 7 and just finished 1st grade. He did ask me to spell a couple of things for him, but he did the rest. I'm thinking this is a great idea on so many levels. He is learning computer skills, I'm helping him with grammer, and spelling. In return we may help another child who may be going through the same experience.
 I was very nervous about the whole thing. He did get a little upset about choking. He had to sit up and the cement had already set before they could wipe it off. The dentist then had to pick and scrape all the dried cement up. The orthodontist did however say he was a trooper. Andon was very proud of himself.
The next couple of hours he had ALOT of saliva and on day 2 he still has alot but he says its getting better.
He still however slurps and makes a sucking noise that is slowly driving me insane, but I try to ignore it because I know he just trying not to drool all over himself. As far as eating we havent had that much of a problem. He has been eating small portions of pudding, applesauce, oatmeal, ice cream and I think the poor thing was starving. I made a hashbrown casserole and he was eating it up with no problems. We did however have a problem with a piece of macaroni it had gotten stuck and he swished and swished with water and finally it had gotten loose, but then almost choked him again.  We turn the key every other day I did it will the help of the technician, but tomorrow I have to do it by myself. I am a little nervous about that. If I see that it will be painful I'm giving him tylenol before I do it the next time.  We go back in 2 weeks to get his headgear (worn only at night thank goodness) for his underbite. We both will post again soon. Michelle

1 comment:

lauren said...

AWE, andon is sooooo CUTE!